3 YEARS WARRANTY
Intel® Z590 ATX gaming motherboard with 14+2 power stages, PCIe 4.0, Onboard Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax), Dual Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet, Quad M.2 with heatsinks and embedded backplates, Dual onboard Thunderbolt 4, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Intel® Socket LGA 1200 for 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and 10th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive software and firmware utilities that simplify setup and improve performance: AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, AI Networking and Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation
- Robust Power Solution: 14+2 teamed power stages rated for 90 Amps, ProCool II power connectors, MicroFine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, quad M.2 heatsinks with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone
- High-performance Networking: Onboard Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax), dual Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet and ASUS LANGaurd
- Fastest Gaming Connectivity: PCIe 4.0, quad M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector, dual USB Type-C® ports with Thunderbolt™ 4 USB-C®
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio: ROG SupremeFX ALC4082 with ESS® ES9018Q2C DAC for high-fidelity audio
- Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including one RGB header and three addressable Gen 2 RGB headers
- DIY-friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS FlashBack™, Q-Code, FlexKey, Q-Connector, SafeSlot and Graphics Card Holder
- Renowned Software: Intuitive UEFI BIOS dashboard with integrated MemTest86
MAXIMUS XIII HERO
ROG Maximus XIII Hero continues to build on the legacy of its predecessors by packing upgraded power, smart cooling and lightspeed connectivity under a stealthy exterior. Bristling with renowned ROG features such as AI-enhanced controls and customizable Aura Sync illumination, the latest Hero is ready to take the helm of your high-end gaming build.
Intelligent software solutions help ensure that your system performs at its best. The latest ASUS AI-powered enhancements span four pillars of performance, including overclocking, cooling, networking and onboard audio, making advanced tweaks and optimization accessible to new recruits and savvy PC DIY veterans alike.
Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation
Extreme Power & Performance
- PROCOOL II POWER CONNECTORS
- 14+2 POWER STAGES
- MULTI-GPU SLI® SUPPORT
- 2 x PCIe 4.0 x16 slots* (x16, x8/x8, x8/x4)
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot (x4)
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x1 slot
- INTEL® SOCKET LGA1200
11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors & 10th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
- DDR4, 4 X DIMM
- ASUS OptiMem III
- Dual Channel
- 4 X M.2 SLOTS
- 1 x M.2 2242-22110 supports PCIe 4.0 x4 mode
- 1 x M.2 2242-2280 supports PCIe 4.0 x4 mode
- 1 x M.2 2242-2280 supports PCIe 3.0 x4 mode
- 1 x M.2 2242-22110 supports PCIe 3.0 x4 & SATA modes
- VRM & ALUMINUM I/O HEATSINK
- QUAD M.2 HEATSINKS & M.2 BACKPLATES
- MULTIPLE 4-PIN PWM FAN HEADERS
- CHA_FAN headers support ASUS HYDRANODE
- ROG WATER-COOLING ZONE
- W_FLOW tachometer
- W_IN/OUT T-sensor
Total Gaming Immersion
- I/O ZONE AURA LIGHTING
- SUPREMEFX ALC4082 CODEC
- ESS® SABRE9018Q2C high definition DAC
- 120 dB SNR stereo playback output
- 113 dB SNR recording input
- Gold-plated audio jacks
SONIC STUDIO III + SONIC STUDIO VIRTUAL MIXER
SONIC RADAR III
DTS® SOUND UNBOUND
- 3 X 3-PIN ADDRESSABLE GEN 2 RGB HEADERS
1 X 4-PIN AURA RGB HEADER
- CHIPSET ZONE AURA LIGHTING
- BIOS FLASHBACK™ BUTTON
- CLEAR CMOS BUTTON
- 1 X HDMI™ 2.0
- 2 X USB 2.0 PORTS
- INTEL® WI-FI 6E AX210
- 2 X THUNDERBOLT™ 4 USB TYPE-C® PORTS
- 2 X INTEL® I225-V 2.5 GB ETHERNET
- 6 X USB 3.2 GEN 2 PORTS
- OPTICAL S/PDIF OUT
- 1 X USB 3.2 GEN 2X2
Front Panel Connector
- 6 X SATA 6 GB/S
- ROG PATENTED PRE-MOUNTED I/O SHIELD
- ESD GUARDS
Providing greater electrostatic protection than the industry standard, ESD Guards cover the USB, audio and LAN ports.
- TRUEVOLT USB
USB power supplies a rock-steady 5 volts to all USB ports, minimizing power fluctuations for minimal data loss.
- 2 X SAFESLOT
A pair of SafeSlots provide stronger PCIe device retention and greater shearing resistance.
- ASUS HYDRANODE
The three chassis fan headers feature the ASUS HYDRANODE circuit, which utilizes a powerline communication protocol to control up to three daisy chained fans independently through each 4-pin connector.
The Q-Code LED provides 2-digit error codes that display system status to help with troubleshooting.
- 4 X Q-DIMM
One-sided clips provide super-simple, super-secure handling of memory modules.
FlexyKey allows you to redefine the role of the chassis reset button. Assignable options include quick Aura lighting control, booting directly into UEFI, or performing a safe boot to recover settings.
Sorts all front-panel cables for a neater set-up.
Teamed Power Architecture
Today’s CPU architectures place incredible demands on motherboard power design by transitioning from deep power-saving modes, going from lower-power mode to full load in an instant. The latest ROG VRM architecture rises to the challenge by utilizing teamed power stages to rapidly swing current, while maintaining exemplary thermal performance.
A brief history
A shift in CPU demands
While doublers help extend the number of effective phases, they do so at the cost of a processing delay.
Bucking the trend
The teamed architecture allows two power stages to work in tandem to provide more power to the CPU.
The MOSFETs within the power stages generate the most heat as they are responsible for voltage conversion and delivery to the CPU from the 12-volt EPS connector.
High quality components
ASUS OptiMem III
With proprietary memory trace layout tweaks that improve signal integrity and mitigate noise, OptiMem III allows memory kits to run at lower latencies, reduced voltages, and operate at higher frequencies. Stack ROG Maximus XIII Hero with your favorite modules and maximize the throughput of the 11th Gen Intel Core Rocket Lake processor for applications that demand massive bandwidth.
No OptiMem III CL 17
Lower the data is better
Test Configuration: 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors | ROG Maximus XIII Hero
- VRM and Aluminum I/O Heatsink
A VRM heatsink on the MOSFETs and chokes is connected to the aluminum I/O cover via an embedded heatpipe to increase mass and surface area for dissipation.
- M.2 Heatsinks
Quad dedicated heatsinks keep up to four M.2 drives at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
- L-shaped Heatpipe
An L-shaped heatpipe allows for rapid and even heat transfer from the VRM.
- High-Conductivity Thermal Pad
A high-quality thermal pad improves overall heat transfer from the system by bridging the heat generated by the power stages to the heatsink.
- M.2 Backplates
All M.2 slots feature backplate blocks that ensure high-performance drives deliver peak performance even when airflow is restricted.
- Chipset Heatsink
A dedicated chipset heatsink draws heat away to maintain optimum operating temperatures.
Cooler by Design
ROG Maximus XIII Hero features the most comprehensive cooling options ever.
ROG Water-Cooling Zone
Dual water-temperature headers and a flow-rate header feed information straight into the AI Suite utility, allowing you to track coolant temperatures and the flow rate of the entire loop.
Intel® Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+)
*Wi-Fi 6E availability and features are dependent on regulatory limitations and co-existence with 5 GHz Wi-Fi.
Dual Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet
- Wi-Fi 6E Antenna
The antenna has two built-in transmitters and receivers to enable faster transmission speeds, and it supports the 2.4, 5 and 6 GHz bands.
- Adjustable Design
Four-way positioning enables better signal reception.
- Magnetic Base
A powerful magnetic base secures the antenna on the top or side of the PC case.
USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Front-Panel Connector
Two Onboard Thunderbolt 4 USB Type-C® Ports
ROG SupremeFX audio technology delivers an exceptional 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection to provide best-ever recording quality. There’s also a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX ALC4082 codec, and an ESS® 9018Q2C integrated DAC capable of reaching -115 dB THD+N to provide playback that conveys all the subtlety and nuances of the audio track.
Level Up Performance
The dashboard-style control panel of AI Suite 3 lets you fine-tune almost every aspect of your ROG Maximus XIII Hero system with ease. Get the best balance between performance, cooling, stability, and efficiency via one simple and intuitive interface.
Fan Xpert 4
Flexible cooling controls for air or liquid
Enjoy comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers, via either Fan Expert 4 or our UEFI. Whether you’re cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There’s also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as more comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
When you’re ready for a deeper dive, delve into the UEFI’s Advanced mode and take complete control. Advanced mode enables full control over every aspect of the motherboard, and a built-in search function helps you quickly find the setting you need.
Diagnose faulty RAM and memory problems that cause crashes and corrupt data.
Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
EZ Flash 3
Flash the latest BIOS via the internet from within the BIOS.
Check your storage device Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) logs to gauge reliability and identify potential failures.
Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
Restore your SSDs and NVMe storage to factory settings.
Last Modified Log
Track the last change and save preferred profiles to a USB drive.
SATA Port Renaming
Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
ASUS User Profile
Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions or share them with friends.
Configure the fan’s operating speed manually or use pre-configured fan profiles to quickly select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes. By default, system fans will automatically switch to full speed if the temperature reaches 75 °C.
Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
View SATA port details for easy device recognition.
Fast and easy clock adjustment
Use the mouse to quickly change time and date settings.
Aura On/Off mode (Stealth)
Easily enable or disable Aura RGB lighting or every onboard LED, for a more subdued aesthetic.
Accurate Voltage Monitoring
Conventional motherboards use single-ended sensing tapped from a location that isn’t ideal, leading to a large disparity between the actual voltage fed to the CPU and the value reported to software. ROG Maximus XIII Hero features a differential-sensing circuit and delicate IC that simplify overclocking and tuning by allowing you to track voltages more accurately.
Grow Your Gaming World
Gear up with ROG components — from graphics card and monitors to mice and keyboards. And up your game with complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility. The ROG ecosystem is more extensive than any competing brand, so you’ll enjoy greater choice as your system expands.
Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header
The addressable Gen 2 RGB headers now feature software that can automatically tailor lighting effects to specific devices. The new headers also offer backward-compatibility with existing Aura RGB gear.
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that come from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio’s virtual surround to process sound true to life.
DTS : Sound Unbound
ROG Maximus XIII Hero includes a pre-loaded DTS Sound Unbound app that envelops you in audio as never before, conjuring whole new levels of immersion for extraordinary gaming and entertainment experiences. By exploiting Windows Sonic spatial technology, DTS Sound Unbound delivers audio in a virtual 3D space — putting you right in the middle of the soundscape, where you can sense the location and direction of every gunshot, footstep or other sound in your virtual environment.
*DTS Sound Unbound requires in-game support. Check with developers for titles that offer support.
Armoury Crate is a software utility designed to provide centralized control of supported ROG gaming products. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate puts command of all your Aura gear at your fingertips with the new Aura Creator suite ready. The software also provides control of settings for a growing number of ROG products, making it easier to tune the look and feel of your system. Armoury Crate even offers dedicated product registration and ROG news feeds to help you stay in touch with the ROG gaming community.
Graphics Card Holder
Featuring a magnetic base, adjustable slider and hinge, the ROG Graphics Card Holder banishes sag and provides support where it’s needed most.
- The product (electrical, electronic equipment, Mercury-containing button cell battery) should not be placed in municipal waste. Check local regulations for disposal of electronic products.
- The use of trademark symbol (TM, ®) appears on this website means that the word text, trademarks, logos or slogans, is being used as trademark under common laws protection and/or registered as Trademark in U.S. and/or other country/region.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
- The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment.
ASUS is a multinational company known for the world’s best motherboards, PCs, monitors, graphics cards and routers, and is ranked by Laptop Mag as the best laptop brand in 2020. Along with an expanding range of superior gaming, content-creation and AIoT solutions, ASUS leads the industry through cutting-edge design and innovations made to create the most ubiquitous, intelligent, heartfelt and joyful smart life for everyone. With a global workforce that includes more than 5,000 R&D professionals, ASUS is driven to become the world’s most admired innovative leading technology enterprise. Inspired by the In Search of Incredible brand spirit, ASUS won more than 11 awards every day in 2020 and ranks as one of Forbes’ World’s Best Regarded Companies and Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies.
Republic of Gamers (ROG) is an ASUS sub-brand dedicated to creating the world’s best gaming hardware and software. Formed in 2006, ROG offers a complete line of innovative products known for performance and quality, including motherboards, graphics cards, laptops, desktops, monitors, audio equipment, routers and peripherals. ROG participates in and sponsors major international gaming events. ROG gear has been used to set hundreds of overclocking records and it continues to be the preferred choice of gamers and enthusiasts around the world.
© 2021 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos. Actual colors may differ from their appearance due to variation of monitor restrictions and color processing. All trademarks are registered to their respective companies. ASUS shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.