ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X
- 24GB 384-Bit GDDR6X
- Core Clock 1890 MHz
- Boost Clock OC Mode – 1890 MHz
- Gaming Mode – 1860 MHz
- 2 x HDMI 2.1 3 x DisplayPort 1.4a
- 10496 CUDA Cores
- PCI Express 4.0 x16
ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 3090 buffed-up design with chart-topping thermal performance.
- NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: The building blocks for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPU, the all-new Ampere SM brings 2X the FP32 throughput and improved power efficiency.
- 2nd Generation RT Cores: Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores, plus concurrent RT and shading for a whole new level of ray tracing performance.
- 3rd Generation Tensor Cores: Get up to 2X the throughput with structural sparsity and advanced AI algorithms such as DLSS. Now with support for up to 8K resolution, these cores deliver a massive boost in game performance and all-new AI capabilities.
- Axial-tech Fan Design has been tuned up with more fan blades and a reversed rotational direction for the center fan.
- 2.9-slot design expands cooling surface area compared to last gen for more thermal headroom than ever before.
- Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, and an array of high-current power stages.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, and system monitoring.
GEFORCE RTX™ 3090
From top to bottom, the ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 3090 has been radically improved to accommodate the impressive new Ampere chips from NVIDIA and to deliver the next wave of gaming performance innovation to the market. A fresh design and more metal surrounds a grouping of Axial-tech fans. Last gen’s uniform fan layout has been usurped by a new rotation scheme and specialized roles for central and auxiliary fans. Below the blades, a larger, more impressive heatsink is ready for the most demanding thermal loads. The PCB has some new tricks up its sleeves, and even the backplate has received some performance-boosting changes. You’ve been waiting for the latest and greatest in GPU design – and this is it.
Our Axial-tech fan design has been optimized for a new, larger heatsink that features more fins and surface area than last gen. The blade count has been increased on all three fans, with 13 on the center fan and 11 on the auxiliary fans. The barrier ring on the side fans has been slimmed down to allow for more lateral intake and to provide better airflow through the cooling array. The center fan’s extra blades and full-height ring provide boosted static pressure to blast air directly onto the GPU heat spreader.
To bolster the specialized roles of the center and auxiliary fans, the rotational direction of the center fan has been reversed. This reduces airflow turbulence inside of the cooling array for another boost to the card’s overall thermal performance.
The sum of the ROG Strix’s cooling innovations results in lower fan speeds and raises the performance threshold for achieving a sub-55 degree GPU temp, at which point the fans can shut off completely. Builders seeking quiet performance will be pleased.
To get heat up off the die and into the heatsink array to benefit from the new fan design requires special attention. We use a manufacturing process that polishes the surface of the heat spreader to improve smoothness at the microscopic level. The extra flatness allows for better contact with the die for improved thermal transfer.
The heat spreader draws heat up into heatpipes that carry it through a fin stack that fills a large 2.9-slot footprint. Increasing the heatsink size compared to the last generation provides more thermal headroom to account for the new high-performance chipset.
In addition to under-the-hood design changes, the ROG Strix features a new face with metal accents that mirror the design aesthetic of ROG and ROG Strix motherboards. Mixing surface textures and materials make a statement when vertically mounted and lit by chassis LEDs. For those who prefer a sleeker, more subtle look, the greyscale colorway allows it to seamlessly blend into the build.
Flipping the card around reveals more design improvements. A wide backplate vent and shortened PCB allows hot air to escape towards chassis exhaust fans instead of being recycled by the GPU’s circulating cooler design. A GPU bracket provides extra stability to the critical connection between die and heat spreader. The I/O bracket is made from stainless steel to protect ports and provide a more secure mount. A conveniently placed Dual Bios switch allows quick selection between “performance” and “quiet” mode for basic customization of the card’s default behavior without software.
- Stainless Steel Bracket
- Dual BIOS
- GPU Bracket
- Vented Backplate
Careful attention has been paid to the front of the GPU, as it’s the most visible part of the card in typical configurations. A new addressable RGB element can be customized with Armoury Crate to create a uniform look along with other ROG components. To fulfill the power demands of the GeForce RTX 3090, three 8-pin power connectors are present, along with an onboard circuit that monitors PSU rail voltage. The circuit is fast enough to catch any transients that result in the rail voltage dropping too low. If that happens, a red LED will light up to indicate a power supply issue. The Strix’s reinforced metal frame is also visible here, adding a literal layer of durability.
The ASUS GPU Tweak II utility takes graphics card tuning to the next level. It allows you to tweak critical parameters including GPU core clocks, memory frequency, and voltage settings, with the option to monitor everything in real-time through a customizable on-screen display. Advanced fan control is also included along with many more features to help you get the most out of your graphics card.
We’ve partnered with wtfast to help you to play free from lag, latency issues, and lost packets. With a 6-month subscription to the wtfast Gamers Private Network, you’ll enjoy lower ping for a smoother, more fluid online gaming experience. Buy an ASUS graphics card – and don’t be left waiting!
XSplit offers a premium streaming experience with in-game annotations and other advanced features. Enjoy a free license with the purchase of select ASUS graphics cards. See you online!
Quantumcloud is a simple and secure service that lets you effortlessly earn extra money by putting your idle GPU to work. Earnings are automatically transferred to your WeChat or PayPal account, and your privacy remains intact because Quantumcloud doesn’t collect your personal data. Get started making money today!
RTX. IT’S ON.
Experience today’s biggest blockbusters like never before with the visual fidelity of real-time ray tracing and the ultimate performance of AI-powered DLSS.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
ASUS aspires to deliver the incredible in everything it does. With more than 17,000 employees around the globe with a world-class R&D team of 5,500 engineers, ASUS is dedicated to the design and manufacture of products that perfectly meet the needs of today’s (and tomorrow’s) digital home and office. ASUS’ broad portfolio includes motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, all-in-one PCs, laptops, servers, wireless networking devices, tablets, smartphones and wearables. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, the company won 4,385 awards and earned approximately US$13.3 billion of revenue in 2016.
© 2020 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos. Actual colors may differ from their appearance due to variation of monitor restrictions and color processing. All trademarks are registered to their respective companies. ASUS shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.